Top Chef All Stars LA
EXPRESS FROM THE US
FRIDAYS FROM MARCH 20th 2:30 PM and 9:30PM
The Emmy and James Beard Award-winning series returns with 10 Finalists and 5 Front Runners, chasing the one thing that eluded them all — the coveted title of “Top Chef.” It has been nine seasons since the first All Stars competition, and these chefs aren’t holding any punches as they battle it out for the largest cash prize in “Top Chef” history. The chefs will compete across iconic locations in Los Angeles including the Griffith Observatory, The Getty Center, The Walt Disney Concert Hall, the LA Coliseum, and for the first time in show history, an epic finale in Italy. The series returns with host Padma Lakshmi, head judge Tom Colicchio, and judge Gail Simmons, along with some of the biggest names in the culinary world, as well as some of your favourite celebrity foodies.
Beginning Friday 27th March, Bravo Media’s Emmy-Winning digital companion series Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen, hosted by Tom Colicchio, returns for season nine as the eliminated chefs go head-to-head to try to cook their way back into the competition. Presented by BMW of North America, each week’s episode will be available on arenatv.com or On Demand at the conclusion of each week’s episode.
In this spectacular season, the chefs will be challenged on the biggest trends hitting the food stage in Los Angeles, including mastering Kaiseki for Michelin-winning chefs of N/Naka, creating a tribute for the Pulitzer Prize-winning and critically acclaimed food critic, the late Jonathan Gold, and honouring one of the most influential restaurants in the country, Michael’s in Santa Monica. Along with these celebrated names, the All Stars will get to cook for some of the biggest players in food, Olympic legends, as well as A-list celebs such as Ali Wong and Randall Park, Kelly Clarkson for a Quickfire challenge themed to her new DreamWorks Animation film Trolls World Tour, dynamic duo Jon Favreau and Roy Choi, music maestro Gustavo Dudamel, and LA legend and taco maven, Danny Trejo. And with the help of OpenTable to run the restaurants, Top Chef’s signature elimination challenge Restaurant Wars is back with a two-part throw down you won’t want to miss.
The cheftestants also must impress a host of culinary megastars including Nancy Silverton, Ruth Reichl, Jeremiah Tower, Marcus Samuelsson, Michael Cimarusti, Suzanne Goin, Ludo Lefebvre, Jeremy Fox, Timothy Hollingsworth, Hunter Lewis, Stephanie Izard, Brooke Williamson, Kelsey Barnard Clark, Sherry Yard, Carol & Niki Nakayama, Jonathan Waxman, Mauro Delgreco, Clare Smyth and Dario Cecchini.
The winning chef will earn the coveted title of Top Chef, the largest cash prize ever, $250,000 furnished by S.Pellegrino® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, a feature in FOOD & WINE magazine and an appearance at the annual FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen. Also with “Top Chef” official beer sponsor, Peroni, contestants will have the chance to imbibe in style after their hard-won efforts in the kitchen.
Arena has announced the 15 contestants competing for another shot at culinary supremacy. The lineup includes finalists, front runners, and fan favourites who wowed us with their culinary skills in seasons past.
Check out the All Stars returning for Top Chef Season 17, below:
• Eric Adjepong (Season 16: Kentucky) Washington, D.C.
• Karen Akunowicz (Season 13: California) Boston, Massachusetts
• Jennifer Carroll (Season 6: Las Vegas, Season 8: All Stars, and Last Chance Kitchen Season 7) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C.
• Stephanie Cmar (Season 11: New Orleans) Boston, Massachusetts
• Lisa Fernandes (Season 4: Chicago) Brooklyn, New York
• Kevin Gillespie (Season 6: Las Vegas) Atlanta, Georgia
• Gregory Gourdet (Season 12: Boston) Portland, Oregon
• Jamie Lynch (Season 14: Charleston) Charlotte, North Carolina
• Melissa King (Season 12: Boston) San Francisco, California
• Brian Malarkey (Season 3: Miami) San Diego, California
• Nini Nguyen (Season 16: Kentucky) New York, New York
• Joe Sasto (Season 15: Colorado) Los Angeles, California
• Angelo Sosa (Season 7: Washington D.C. and Season 8: All Stars New York) San Diego, California
• Bryan Voltaggio (Season 6: Las Vegas) Frederick, Maryland
• Lee Anne Wong (Season 1: San Francisco and Last Chance Kitchen Season 7) Maui, Hawaii